- Shirts tucked in for games
- No jewelry
- Proper equipment must be worn for each sport
General Team Rules
- A team: Playing time is decided by the coach.
- B team: Equal playing time
- A team plays the first game at 4:15; B team game starts 10 minutes after A teams game finishes.
- B team players can swing up for A team games but A team players may not swing down for B team games. (Rosters must be provided before the games)
- Once a week email results of home games for the week to Kyle at North Star
- The higher seed will host playoff games. In the case that the higher seed does not have a field or court, they will then play at the lower seeds school.
- Games will be 2 out of 3 to 25, cap 25, 3rd game no cap
- Rally Scoring
- 4:15 A game starts. B game starts 10 minutes after A game finishes.
- At least one up ref and two line judges, scorekeeper
- One away parent and one home parent will serve as the line judges.
- Warm up time: 4 – 4 – 2
- If court has less than 8 feet of serving space, player may step one foot into the court.
- Meeting with coaches, captains, referees prior to match
- Teams meet at end line prior to start of match (similar to high school) and shake hands with opponent at the net.
- Shin guards must be worn by all players
- 30 min halves, 10 min halftime
- 4:15 Game
- One ref, parent flag
- A team must have at least 8 players to start a game. If a team only has 7 players or less, then they must forfeit the contest.
- If Team A has either 8, 9, or 10 players, they are allowed to start the game. If Team B has 11 players, they are allowed to start a full team. If Team B reaches a goal differential of 3, they must pull off players to equal the number of Team A. Once the goal differential falls below 3, Team B is allowed to put players back on the field to reach 11 players until a goal differential of 3 is reached.
- Point System
- Win = 3 points
- Draw = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- The team with the most points will be the higher seed for playoffs.
- If there is a tie in the points then the tie breakers would go as follows:
- Head to Head matchup
- Goal differential for the season within league play.
- If there is a tie in a playoff game there will be a 10 minute overtime sudden death/golden goal.
- If the game is still tied after the 10 minute overtime then there will be a shootout. Each team will select 5 shooters and the teams will alternate having their teams shoot. If after 5 shooters the game is still tied then each team will select 1 more shooter until the game is decided.
- 20 minute halves, running clock. This includes free throws. The clock will only stop in the last 2 minutes of each half for all dead ball situations.
- A team plays the first game at 4:15; B team game starts 10 minutes after the A team game ends.
- Teams may start a game with 4 players. If a team has 4 players and it is game time, they MUST start.
- If a team is running late, it will be considered a forfeit if they arrive 20 min after game time.
- Each coach will have (2) Full and (2) 30 second timeouts per half. Time outs do not carry over into the 2nd half if they were not used in the 1st
- If a team has a 15 point lead or greater they must take off their full court press.
- Overtime will be a 3 minutes with the clock stopping on all dead balls.
- Each coach will get 1 full timeout per overtime.