- Shirts tucked in for games
- No jewelry
- Proper equipment must be worn for each sport
General Team Rules
- A team: Playing time is decided by the coach.
- B team: Equal playing time
- A team plays the first game at 4:15; B team game starts 10 minutes after A teams game finishes.
- B team players can swing up for A team games but A team players may not swing down for B team games. (Rosters must be provided before the games)
- Email results of home games for the week to Kyle at North Star. Please include score.
- The higher seed will host playoff games. In the case that the higher seed does not have a field or court, they will then play at the lower seeds school.
- A player must play in 50% of regular season games to be eligible for playoffs. Injury is an exception.
- All teams will provide a written copy of the rules on game day.
- Games will be 2 out of 3 to 25, cap 25, 3rd game to 15, win by 2
- Rally Scoring
- 4:15 A game starts. B game starts 10 minutes after A game finishes.
- At least one up ref and two line judges, scorekeeper
- One away person and one home person will serve as the line judges.
- Warm up time: 4 – 4 – 2
- If court has less than 8 feet of serving space, player may step one foot into the court.
- B games have the same rules in regards to service faults.
- Meeting with coaches, captains, referees prior to match
- Teams meet at end line prior to start of match (similar to high school) and shake hands with opponent at the net.
- Shin guards must be worn by all players
- 25 min halves, 8 min halftime
- 4:15 Game
- One ref, parent flag
- A team must have at least 8 players to start a game. If a team only has 7 players or less, then they must forfeit the contest.
- If Team A has either 8, 9, or 10 players, they are allowed to start the game. If Team B has 11 players, they are allowed to start a full team. If Team B reaches a goal differential of 3, they must pull off players to equal the number of Team A. Once the goal differential falls below 3, Team B is allowed to put players back on the field to reach 11 players until a goal differential of 3 is reached.
- Point System
- Win = 3 points
- Draw = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- The team with the most points will be the higher seed for playoffs.
- If there is a tie in the points then the tie breakers would go as follows:
- Head to Head matchup
- Goal differential for the season within league play.
- If there is a tie in a regular season game there will be a 10 minute overtime.
- If there is a tie in a playoff game there will be a 10 minute overtime. If the game is still tied after the 10 minute overtime then there will be a shootout. Each team will select 5 shooters and the teams will alternate having their teams shoot. If after 5 shooters the game is still tied then each team will select 1 more shooter until the game is decided.
- 20 minute halves, running clock. This includes free throws. The clock will only stop in the last 2 minutes of each half for all dead ball situations.
- A team plays the first game at 4:15; B team game starts 10 minutes after the A team game ends.
- Teams may start a game with 4 players. If a team has 4 players and it is game time, they MUST start.
- If a team is running late, it will be considered a forfeit if they arrive 20 min after game time.
- Each coach will have (3) Full and (2) 30 second timeouts per game.
- If a team has a 20 point lead or greater they must take off their full court press.
- Overtime will be a 3 minutes with the clock stopping on all dead balls.
- Each coach will get 1 full timeout per overtime.